Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Battery Holder

ChewyChikn

Reaction score
Website
shawnfeltmate.com
Hello FPVDronePilots.

I have read most of the posts on DJI Avata battery holders. I bought the one that is pictured in my post.

Today, I was flying low to the ground, and my Avata hit the ground (operator error), bounced up, and then kept smacking into the ground, four or five times. Then it jumped up and flew straight into a tree, full speed, about 15 mph. I don't know what happened, but I did not have any control of the drone after the first hit.
The crash looked awful. I went over to the crash site and found my drone, but the battery was missing. It took me 20 minutes to find the battery pack.

With all that said, I wonder if anyone knows how to make the foldable anti-release buckle better. I thought for sure this device would keep my battery secure. I'm thinking about forcing some matchbook covers between the buckle and the battery.

I appreciate all your responses.

Attachments

• foldable_anti-release_buckle.jpg
    foldable_anti-release_buckle.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 3
My take is that if you hadn't used one of these the battery would have flown off at the first impact and thus avoided that rest of the uncontrolled stuff. The battery flying off easily is actually a good thing and likely to reduce damage to the aircraft itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007