Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help in wiring between ESC and FC

MarianLion

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm the beginner in the fpv and unfortunately during my last flight one of my motors and ESC (this I have found later) burnt. Initially I have build my drone using a kit from Joshua Bardwell: https://www.getfpv.com/xilo-5-freestyle-drone-bundle-joshua-bardwell-edition.html, in which Xilo 45A BLHeli_32 6s 4-in-1 ESC. I haven't been able to find the same controller in Poalnd so I have went with a different option 30.5x30.5mm JHEMCU 45A 60A 3-6S BLHELI_32.

After soldering all motors I have checked a connection via smoke detector and everything was fine. Then I have connected Xilo flight controller and this time smoke detector notified me about short circuit. Initially I was desperate because that meant additional money for a new FC, but then I have noticed something that gave me a hope.

Pins on the new EC are:
VCC
GND
TXD
CUR
IN4
IN3
IN2
IN1

On Xilo FC according to the documentation it's different:
GND
VBAT
Current
TLM
M1
M2
M3
M4

So my intuition tells me that I need to change order of cabels to make it work. Questions:

1. Am I right?
2. Is there any way to actually verify that FC is healthy?
3. If I need to rewire should I swap only first two connectors? I'm not sure if Current should go TXD and TLM to CUR.
4. Is there any sense in changing connectors for motors, or it's easier to do the same via BetaFlight?

And probably very beginner question, how to remove a signle cable from the holder?

OK, answering my own question:
1. Am I right?
Yes :)
2. Is there any way to actually verify that FC is healthy?
This one I actually don't know.
3. If I need to rewire should I swap only first two connectors? I'm not sure if Current should go TXD and TLM to CUR.
Yes, this also should match.
4. Is there any sense in changing connectors for motors, or it's easier to do the same via BetaFlight?
It's significantly easier to reconfigure in BetaFlight.

If the Flight Controller will connect to the BetaFlight configurator via USB, it's as healthy as it gets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007